‘‘my method of teaching is gentle and kind which reinforces the desired
behavior relationship between animal, human, and community"
Life Skills Training prepares dogs to be family and community members. We believe that raising and training dogs
Dogs trained to
off leash capability attain a
level of skill and relationship for a pleasurable lifetime.
We teach life skills your dog needs to learnto
under a desk at work, chew a bone under the table
at a sidewalk cafe or restaurant, or help cheer on the
kids at games. Each dog’s role as family and community
member differs according to the lifestyle of his people.
Dogs fit into most situations when given adequate
guidance about what is expected.
Teaching puppies and providing you the
necessary skills to raise a well
rounded, confident pup is
our particular focus.
Young puppies are learning from the time they are picked up and taken home, why not teach them what you want them to know? Puppy training focuses on housebreaking, biting, chewing and toy selection, jumping, settling down, socialization, and basic manners (come, stay, sit, down, and heel).
Private Life Skills Lessons
Our initial meeting in our office or your home lasts about 1 1/2 hours. It includes telephone and email support, and is followed by one or more lessons spaced at appropriate intervals and locations, directed toward attaining a level of training so your dog can be both family and community member.
Life Skills Lessons Just for Fido.
While you are at work or otherwise engaged, we show Fido the ropes to live successfully as both family and community member. Your dog is prepared to listen to you when you reinforce needed lessons.
Outward Bound Hound
We and a small group of dogs take to the trails or the beach. Dogs come when called, socialize, play, blow off steam, and return to you relaxed and prepared to listen to you when you reinforce needed lessons.
Overnight Custom Care
Your home or ours Dogs play, swim, hike off leash, and enjoy contact with family, friends, and people we meet in town while we work on Life Skills and run errands. Dogs who do best with us are friendly with dogs, cats, and people, can rest quietly, enjoy snuggles, toy time, and the comforts of home.
Daily Custom Care
While you are away, at work, or otherwise engaged, we walk dogs, visit and play with dogs, administer medications your dog needs, and more.
• Life Skills - 5-10 people practice skills to prepare dogs to be family and community members. Weather permitting class meets in town.
• Delta Pet Partners Prep - (held inside Apple Rehab in Mystic) Prepares you and your dog for dog for certification and work.
• Outward Bound Hound - 5-10 people hike on trails or at the beach with our off leash dogs to practice skills, socialize, and blow off steam.
• Tricks, Games, and Movie Performance - Teach your dog tricks of the trade for TV and movie auditions or just for fun. Gleanna has been training animals for television and movies for over ten years - see credits. If you want your dog to learn to behave like a movie star and/or be in movies just bark the word.
Let’s Get Fit With Fido
• Physical and inner mind fitness for you and your dog. Work with a certified personal trainer, yoga teacher, and Holistic Nutritional Consultant.
• Walk, jog, run, swim, cross country ski, practice yoga, doga, and more.
• Gain health, lose weight, and learn good eating habits.
Download the brochure for more information (pdf file).